Sunday, October 23, 2011

after 3 weeks... some rain>

1:51pm... total rainfall is now 0.60" (1.5cm).  my temperature is currently 54.7F (12.6C).  there was a direct lightning hit at my house just after noon, which totally melted/shrivelled my umbrella, which had been just outside my door on the terrace.  never seen anything like that before...

11:20am... i have 0.45" (1.1cm) of rainfall at the top of mcleod ganj on tushita road.  it rained pretty much continuously from 10:00am onwards, with a period of moderate to heavy rain around 11:00am that delivered the bulk of the amount.

this is the first measurable rainfall (according to my records) in just over three weeks.  it was needed, but the timing was bad, considering the teachings going on this morning.

the temperature dipped to 54F (12.2C) during the heavier rain, but has now rebounded a bit.

it will be interesting to see how much snow is up on the mountains when the sky clears.!