Sunday, January 13, 2013

drying out... (am.13.jan.13)>

I have another 0.28" (7mm) in the rain gauge this morning, which brings our total rainfall since Saturday morning up to 0.67" (1.7cm) here in the upper part of McLeod Ganj.  Not a lot of rain by 'monsoon' standards, but definitely a healthy amount for the mid-winter season!  Temperatures remained too warm for the snow line to make any progress downhill, as expected.

Skies are partly cloudy just after sunrise, and I've recorded an early morning low temp of 42.6F (5.9C).

The leftovers of yesterday's system have now moved east of us, and that should leave us with fairly calm and slightly cooler weather for the next two to three days.  New data this morning confirms a potential winter storm scenario for Wednesday through Friday of this week, but there is plenty of time to watch how that evolves.

On another note, my computer is being repaired, and my loaner has to be returned this afternoon.  That means I may be unable to get online and post regular updates for a couple of days.  I'm hoping I can get another loaner or that my laptop gets fixed and returned very soon!