Monday, January 14, 2013

late-week storm... (am.14.jan.13)>

A major winter storm is on the way for the latter part of this week, according to all available computer model guidance sources.  A very strong, deep area of low pressure will begin organizing over Afghanistan and Pakistan on Wednesday, then gradually strengthen further by Friday night as it moves slowly into northwest India.  Right now it looks like it is going to tap into deep moisture from the Arabian Sea, and pull that moisture northward into increasingly colder air which will be moving into Himachal.

We could see a few showers developing on Wednesday, but it looks like the main event will occur on Thursday into Friday night, when heavy rain, thunderstorms, and a changeover to snow in parts of our neighborhood will be likely.  Please be aware of this radical turn of events, weather wise, whatever your plans  might be later this week.

I'm still waiting for my laptop repair to be completed... and it's driving me nuts not to be able to get online as frequently as I would like.  Nevertheless, I'll do my best to post updates as necessary.